1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Speaker Recommendations...

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by BenZz, Dec 29, 2016.

1. BenZz

BenZz Auditioning

Ben
    Just got a Sony STR-DH770 1015W 7.2 Ch. 4K/3D Pass thru AV Receiver (145W x 7 @ 6 ohms) and Klipsch R10SW subwoofer for Christmas. I want to upgrade my current speakers to something better. My only issue is finding the right/best speakers possible. I have done a lot of research on speakers but I am still not sure which would go great. If anyone has any suggestions on good speakers for this let me know. Floor Speakers, Satellite, or shelf speakers are all on the table here. I would love to know everyone's advice on what kind of speaker selections would go great.

2. Dave Upton

Dave Upton Audiophile
    Owner

Dave Upton
    Ben,

Welcome to HTF! Do you have a budget in mind? That would help us narrow it down.

3. Message #3 of 6 Dec 29, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
    BenZz

BenZz Auditioning

Ben
    Thanks. Probably will spend $500 to $850ish. I am going to go with a 5.1 for now. The Left and Right front speakers will need to be either floor or satellite type (not sure where I can put a bookshelf speaker at). The two rear speakers have to be a wall mount or floor also. Center speakers can be anything.

4. PhilAR

PhilAR Agent

Phil
    I've spent a good bit of time this afternoon looking into the Elac B5/B6, C5, and F5/F6, and so far, I'm really impressed with what I've heard. FWIW, I'm running basically the same receiver as you, but the 5.2 version.... STRDH550.

BenZz likes this.
  5. Sam Posten

Sam Posten Moderator

Sam Posten
    In that price range do not discount the possibility of going 5.1.2 with the Andrew Jones Pioneers. I have a set like that in my office with a 50" 4k and it makes me smile despite the fact I have much bigger speakers in the basement. If you can stretch your budget a bit consider the SVS Primes, the KEF e-105s and even a modest Paradigm setup.

6. Dave Moritz

Dave Moritz Lead Actor
    Supporter

Dave Moritz