Speaker Recommendations...

BenZz

Auditioning
Real Name
Ben
Just got a Sony STR-DH770 1015W 7.2 Ch. 4K/3D Pass thru AV Receiver (145W x 7 @ 6 ohms) and Klipsch R10SW subwoofer for Christmas. I want to upgrade my current speakers to something better. My only issue is finding the right/best speakers possible. I have done a lot of research on speakers but I am still not sure which would go great. If anyone has any suggestions on good speakers for this let me know. Floor Speakers, Satellite, or shelf speakers are all on the table here. I would love to know everyone's advice on what kind of speaker selections would go great.

BenZz

Auditioning
Real Name
Ben
Thanks. Probably will spend $500 to $850ish. I am going to go with a 5.1 for now. The Left and Right front speakers will need to be either floor or satellite type (not sure where I can put a bookshelf speaker at). The two rear speakers have to be a wall mount or floor also. Center speakers can be anything.

Last edited:

PhilAR

Agent
Real Name
Phil
I've spent a good bit of time this afternoon looking into the Elac B5/B6, C5, and F5/F6, and so far, I'm really impressed with what I've heard. FWIW, I'm running basically the same receiver as you, but the 5.2 version.... STRDH550.

Reactions: BenZz

Sam Posten

Real Name
Sam Posten
In that price range do not discount the possibility of going 5.1.2 with the Andrew Jones Pioneers. I have a set like that in my office with a 50" 4k and it makes me smile despite the fact I have much bigger speakers in the basement. If you can stretch your budget a bit consider the SVS Primes, the KEF e-105s and even a modest Paradigm setup.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bawleralter