speaker recommendations?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Mike Capulli, Jun 5, 2004.

1. Mike Capulli

Mike Capulli Stunt Coordinator

Im looking to start out with a good set of stereo speakers for my new setup. Then from there I will add center / rears and sub. My budget for these two speakers is from 500 to 1000 bucks. I really want a good set of full range stereo speakers as a good base for a new setup - instead of spending the same amount on 6 speakers of lesser quality.

I was looking around at Tweeter the other day, however I dont know whats hot and whats not.

Thanks!

2. MikeLi

MikeLi Supporting Actor

av123.com... be sure to check out the seconds part to see what they have taken back from reveiwers and such. They usually don't have damage at all. You could get a couple of great towers like the 550's for that amount of money. Remember even though not listed on their site you can call Sean at the office. They are an authorized Denon dealer and can get you into a great receiver for a good price as well.

3. Mike Capulli

Mike Capulli Stunt Coordinator

What about Paradigm or Mirage? How do these guys compare?

4. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

Paradigm is excellent. The best thing to do is to listen to EVERYTHING at every possible store you can. And do it carefully in good setups if possible, and take your own music, and listen to the same/similar variety of stuff at each. Then pick what sounds best to you.