What's new

speaker recommendations (1 Viewer)

Donnie R

Agent
Hi all,

I'm in the process of looking for some nice home theater speakers. I can spend up to and around $1,000. I need a center, two front speakers, two surround speakers and a rear surround speaker. My receiver is a Sony STR-DA2ES. Help me out please. Point me in the right direction.

Thanks for the help!

Scott>G

Agent
I would check out AV123.com Their ELT set up has certainly gotten some great reviews. For $900 it is hard to beat. Since you don't list that you need a sub, maybe Sean or Steve at AV123 can work something out with you to pick up a rear speaker. Check them out here Rocket ELT

Good Luck.

ChrisLazarko

Supporting Actor
I would recommend looking at some of the Klipsch Synergy bookshelves. You should be able to get a good deal on 6 speakers without a problem, but the subwoofer might be tricky.

STLMIKE

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
If you're interested in Harman products, they have a couple of JBL Sub/Sat systems at the harmanaudio.com online store: one is $450 and the other is $550 for 5 sats, a center and a sub.

I believe these are new and not remanufactured.

A lot of people rave on Energy Take systems, but I've never been that impressed w/them - at least for the $$.

I've also listed to Klipsch Quintets, and liked them, but am not sure how much a set would cost (nor if they have a 6.1 set now).

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks