Speaker Recommendations

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Jon_adp, Jun 29, 2003.

1. Jon_adp

Jon_adp Auditioning

Hey everyone! I would really appreciate anyones help on this. I'm currently thinking about changing my front bookshelf size speakers, which sit on spekaer stands and my rear surround speakers which also sit on stands. I'm thinking about going with floor standing speakers for the two front speakers and slightly smaller rear surround speakers.

The speakers I cuurently own are the B&W 600 Series2 (DM601 S2 & DM 602 S2). If I'm going to change these out I'll also need to change the center channel out as well. For the record, I'm not dissatified with my speakers-- I love the way they sound. However, I would like to mount my rear surround speakers on the back wall (the B&W rear surrounds are a little too large for that). Also, the front speakers that sit on stands get in the way and seem to take up a lot of room (if that makes sense to you).

Again, I'm looking for suggestions on a new set of possible floor standing fronts (that are not too large) with smaller rear surrounds that could be mounted on the wall.

I would also like to keep within the same quality and price range as my current B&W speakers. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks.

2. David Preston

David Preston Supporting Actor

Here is what I have ordered right now. They will be delivered middle of next week. I have already auditioned them. They are from Rutledge Audio Design. They are DIY speakers that they are building for me. Two T-1 towers upfront and a C-1 center with two small Micros for the rear and a custom SUB. Take a look at www.rutledgeaudiodesign.com to see them. Maybe it will help maybe not just a suggestion. David

3. David Preston

Here is what I have ordered right now. They will be delivered middle of next week. I have already auditioned them. They are from Rutledge Audio Design. They are DIY speakers that they are building for me. Two T-1 towers upfront and a C-1 center with two small Micros for the rear and a custom SUB. Take a look at www.rutledgeaudiodesign.com to see them. Maybe it will help maybe not just a suggestion. David

4. Jon_adp

Jon_adp Auditioning

David,

I appreciate your help. I'll definately check it out. By the way- Have you ever looked into the floor standing NHT speakers?

5. David Preston

Jon I'm sorry I can't say that I have. Let us know what you decide on though.