What's new

Speaker recommendations please (1 Viewer)

Jett

Auditioning
Hi,

I have recently purchased my first AV receiver, Denon 3802. I found a great deal on it locally.

I now need to find some appropriate speakers. The receiver will be used in our den, which is 20 feet long by 12 feet wide. This room has 3 walls with a half wall on one of the 20 foot sides, which opens up to the dining room and kitchen. The tv, receiver, and etc will be located at one end of the room, in an armoire.

Because of the layout of the room, I really would like to purchase speaker that can be mounted to the wall or ceiling. At least the rear speakers must be mounted on the wall or ceiling.

I do not want to spend thousands of dollars on speakers, but I would like something that is appropriate for the room and use with the Denon 3802. We will use this setup 99% for movies.

What would you recommend?

frank manrique

Supporting Actor
Check AV123's Web site and see if they got something available in "B" stock (RS 750 Signature or RS 550 "towers" for front L&R mains would do very nicely, plus whatever else they might have for center channel and surround sound duties.
Sound wise these speakers are highly recommended, and at "B" stock prices, highly affordable imho, but ymmv).

Also check SVS and Hsu sites to get an idea of what sub to get that would be suitable for your particular application.

My 0.02 cents...

-THTS

"...hi, my name is Frank...and am an SVS bassaholic..."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks