Speaker Recommendation

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Randy, May 16, 2004.

1. Randy

Randy Agent

Long story short my deal on some new klipsch R7 fell through.

I'm now looking for some speakers that are comparable in sound quality but maybe a little cheaper. R5s aren't an option because at that price might as well get the r7s. I also listened to the R35 and I thought they were terrible. I miss the R3s but they don't sell them anymore.

I'm planning on using a denon 3803 or 3805 as receiver. Any help would be great. They would be going with a 65 inch Mits and fit in a room that is 16.8 feet wide 19.10 feet long.

Thanks for the help

Randy

2. MikeLi

MikeLi Supporting Actor

I use a 3803 as well... Had the RC-7's for almost a month and took them back. They were brighter than my NHT's. Decided to take a chance on the Onix Rockets and glad I did. Got the 750's for up front, the 200 (bigfoot for the center and I might ad the best center speaker I have ever heard) and 300's for the sides. There are several other former Klipsh owners over there on their site as well. av123.com check it out.. Also they are a bit smaller than those Klipsch 7's in real wood veeners which made the wife happy but still can rock them loud. Good luck.

3. ChrisLazarko

ChrisLazarko Supporting Actor

I would try to find some RF3's if you really like them. You should be able to find some somewhere that are new and inbox without a problem, just look around.

Also, I know the RF7's are expensive, but how much can you spend on speakers? I've also like the Paradigm speakers as well as Infinity's... both are nice.