What's new

Speaker Recomendations--Help (1 Viewer)

As I've posted earlier, I'm thinking of using the JBL NSP1 speaker package w/ a Pioneer 811. I was wondering what else there is in this price range. What about a few steps above? I'm not looking to spend more than 4K on this entire setup.

What kind of mounting options would I have w/ a speaker? I would want it at listening level, correct?

Thanks,

James M.

Daniel V

Auditioning
Hello james...
Well, i'm not an expert on this area, but I have some speakers you might want to check on! You could go an look on B&W's homepage! www.bwspeakers.com then try to look at the new serie 3! They are very good speakers, i'll bet that they sound a bit better than JBL's speakers, but it is up to you! Try to listen to many speakers, and then find out what you think sounds perfect! And then you have a pair of speakers!
,Daniel V

Brandon Blair

Stunt Coordinator
Hey James,
You should really take a look at JM Labs. They have four different lines of speakers depending on how much you want to spend. They make great speakers, I just sold my B&W Nautilus's so I could buy some JM Labs Electra's. Here is there website (Link Removed) If you want to check them out in Birmingham you can go to Audio Forest off of HWY 280 near Greystone. Send me an email and I'll give you a great contact there and some more info([email protected]).
Good Luck,
Brandon

Thanks for the replys,

Focal.. Is that the same company that makes car stereo speakers. If so, they make an awesome product! I'm about to buy some of the utopia's for my car.
I would still be able to power these off of the Pioneer 811, right?
I'll have to go up there and demo them soon.

Thanks again,

James M.

Brandon Blair

Stunt Coordinator
James,

Yes it is the same focal. Focal is owned by JM Labs and makes all the drivers for their speakers. Those Utopia's are truely incredible speakers for a car. If I could afford it I would buy the Utopia home speakers in a heart beat, they are the most incredible sounding speakers I have ever heard. The Electra's aren't far behind and due to my budget they are what I went with. You should be able to power them with the Pioneer, I've been very impressed at how efficent the JM Labs are. They require much less power than my B&W Nautilus's did! Good Luck and let me know if you have any more questions about the JM Labs.

-Brandon

Jeff Toller

Auditioning
James,

I succesfully and easily wall mounted my complete Ascend Acoustic 5.1 system (except subwoofer of course). The speakers have integral inserts and Ascend has specific wall mount brackets for each speaker they sell.

The system sounds wonderful and the manufacturer direct business model saves you $$$$.

-Jeff

Winston_T

Agent
I didn't see your other post and don't know your HT vs Music ratio, so here's my $0.02
I looked around and listened to a number of speakers. JM Labs, Energy and NHT at one store. B&W and Klipsh at another. Def Techs, and Acoustic Energy at another. etc. And Diva's via www.audioenvy.com In the end the Diva (av123.com) won hands down. I was looking at speakers (fronts) that cost around $1000-$1500 for a total package price of about $4000 for everything. I went with the HSU VTF-3 sub, though a compariable SVS would work. I got the Denon 3802 through an authorized dealer for under $750.
That's what I did, I suggest you just go to the local audio stores and listen, then decide for yourself. I'm sure the list of speakers people give will help out.

RandyKudor

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Jeff,

How did you mount your ascends? The Ascend site does not recommend the wall mount brackets they list for the CBM-170 speakers.

Thanks..
(future ascend owner)

JasonFab

Grip
Hi Randy,

Although not listed on our site (yet), we do offer Omnimount brand wall mount brackets. These brackets integrate well with our CBM-170 speakers, no need for wood screws etc. The weight of the CBM-170 is easily supported.

The combination of the two makes a fine wall mounting option and this is a popular solution for our customers.

Send me a direct email if you require more details.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks