Speaker Problem???

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by mike**d, Jun 15, 2004.

1. mike**d

mike**d Auditioning

Hello all.

Well, it has been one month tomorrow since I purchased my Onkyo HTS-760 system. I had some questions at the beginning but everything had been AWESOME until now.

My right surround speaker stopped working today.
    It is from the HTS-760 and according to the instruction manual it model is SKM-200S.

It is not blown. I checked the speaker wires and they are fine. I even swapped it with my surround left speaker. It didn't work in the left spot, and the left worked in the right spot. So, I am pretty sure it is a speaker problem.

Basicly the speaker puts out no or little sound. When I run the speaker test from the receiver no sound is heard from it. Sometimes, with the volume up a decent amount I can hear very low sound coming from the speaker.

I am taking the speaker back tomorrow. I was just wondering if anyone knows what could be the cause and what caused this to happen? I would like to ensure that I did nothing wrong, and if I did, I would like to know so I don't do it again. My receiver can't cause the speaker to fail in this way, can it? I swapped it out with my rear-center so I have at least 5.1 at this time.

Thanks for the help.

Mike

2. mike**d

mike**d Auditioning

Hello all.

Well, it has been one month tomorrow since I purchased my Onkyo HTS-760 system. I had some questions at the beginning but everything had been AWESOME until now.

My right surround speaker stopped working today.
    It is from the HTS-760 and according to the instruction manual it model is SKM-200S.

It is not blown. I checked the speaker wires and they are fine. I even swapped it with my surround left speaker. It didn't work in the left spot, and the left worked in the right spot. So, I am pretty sure it is a speaker problem.

Basicly the speaker puts out no or little sound. When I run the speaker test from the receiver no sound is heard from it. Sometimes, with the volume up a decent amount I can hear very low sound coming from the speaker.

I am taking the speaker back tomorrow. I was just wondering if anyone knows what could be the cause and what caused this to happen? I would like to ensure that I did nothing wrong, and if I did, I would like to know so I don't do it again. My receiver can't cause the speaker to fail in this way, can it? I swapped it out with my rear-center so I have at least 5.1 at this time.

Thanks for the help.

Mike

3. Nathan W.

Nathan W. Stunt Coordinator

It just sounds like a bad connection internal of the speaker to me.

4. Nathan W.

Nathan W. Stunt Coordinator

It just sounds like a bad connection internal of the speaker to me.