speaker placement

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brad_H, Sep 30, 2002.

1. Brad_H

Brad_H Agent

I'm with a buddy on friday at a local shop talking about speakers that we're trying to install in a firehouse. Because of the shape of the room, we have some limitations on the surround speakers. If we have open space in the area of the left surround what would be the preferred method for placing the speaker: ceiling mount (flush in the ceiling), or a speaker stand, or mounting the speaker from a pole hanging two feet from ceiling?

Thanks.
    Brad

2. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    How did you arrange the right suround speaker, or have you yet? How high is this ceiling and are these bookshelf speakers that are direct radiators?

3. Brad_H

Brad_H Agent

We've not placed the right speaker, simply because of the concern with the left. The ceiling is 9'. We've not purchased the speakers but were looking at direct radiating bookshelf speakers.

thanks

4. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    9ft is not too bad, I don't think you really need a pole to hang them down. There are speaker brackets (I am using one) that mounts on top of the speaker and also allows you to swivel/angle the speaker to your liking. The ones I have (forgot manufacturer name) drops the speaker by about 8".

5. Brad_H

Brad_H Agent

thanks Neil. If you happen to remember the manufacturer please let me know.

6. Bill Kane

Bill Kane Screenwriter

Brad,
    here's a variety of B-Tech and Omnimount so you can see the options. Some may require you screw into the speaker box.
    just one online dealer
    Im not sure about pole mounting, beyond ceiling fan type mount/hardware.