What's new

speaker placement (1 Viewer)

Ramon A

Agent
Ok heres my dilemma. I have a dual purpose room, billiard and HT.
the dimensions are 35'x17.5' basically a rectangle.
Now the area I have set aside for the HT is 10'wide x 17.5'deep.
I have a matched klipch 5.1 set up rears are bi pole surrounds.
now I have heard that the proper minimum distance from rear speaker is 3.3' or 1 meter.
Now I have the depth for this distance easily, but my wife doesn't like the look of the furniture being this far off the wall, and after seeing the room set up both ways I would have to agree with her as far as room aesthetics.
Now my question is if I move the sofas back just off the rear wall and mount the speakers up where the wall and ceiling meet, pointing the speakers down at the sofa. will this give me acceptable theater sound.

SethH

Senior HTF Member
Would it be possible to mount the speakers to the immediate left and right of the seating position? This is generally the best location for bi-poles. Mounting on the ceiling would work, but I would think you'd want them pretty far apart because their sound fields will greatly overlap (since they're bi-poles).

Ramon A

Agent
I could definitely mount the right one on the adjacent wall but the left one would have to be mounted on the rear wall and then turned toward the right.

but on the ceiling I can separate them by about 12' and still be centered between the two

SethH

Senior HTF Member
I think the ceiling would work. Is it the ideal? No. But very few people are able to do everything ideally.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks