What's new

Speaker placement, where to start? (1 Viewer)

EdNichols

Second Unit
I know speaker placement is very important and an inch here or there can make a difference so I was wondering where to even start before I do the adjustment process. I Right now I have a 16x21 room with a large entertainment cabinet that houses the receiver and a big screen in the middle of one side of the 21 ft wall. My couch is in middle on the opposite 21 ft wall. Right now the back of my speakers are about 6" away from the wall and the sides of the speakers are about 5ft. from either side wall. This places them about 10 ft apart. I do not have them toed in because they are right next to the entertainment center cabinet. How close am I to the optimum position?

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter
I used the Mechanical 3D Program called Cadkey! The company that I work for KLA-Tencor (since 1978 - originally KLA Instruments) switched over to Cadkey around 1988 when the Mechanical Engineer's required true 3D Assembly drawings & Cadkey replaced the AutoCad Workstations.

We still use Cadkey today for cable & tooling drawings and our primary Mechanical Program for the last 8 years is PRO-E & HP Solids (came from Tencor).

The drawing I created is 1:1 scale, so it's easy obtain real-world dimensions from all my speaker locations.

The 60-degree dispersion** is based on the EOS Waveguide that JBL included in their Consumer Product line which is a copy from their TEC Award Winning LSR PRO Studio Monitors. That EOS Waveguide inclusion was recommended by Dr. Floyd Toole.

**60-degree dispersion verified by Sound & Vision Objective Benchmark - by Tom Nousaine.

Phil

EdNichols

Second Unit
Wow! I use CADKEY also. I'm not the best on it yet, since I was used to Autocad before I came here, but it seems to be pretty straight forward.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks