Speaker placement/surrounds

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Marc*F, Mar 18, 2006.

1. Marc*F

Marc*F Stunt Coordinator

I've attached a rough drawing of how I am planning to setup 5.1 speakers in my living room/home theatre system. The way its currently drawn is probably the most convinient for everday use (thought maybe not the best for home theatre?) Any recommendations etc?

The main issue i will be having from what I can see, is with the surrounds....I am quite keen on getting dipole/bipole surrounds because:

- Sound dispersion
    - more suited to such a tight fit in the room?
    - Blend in the walls abit more

But in saying all this, they are my assumptions and could very well be wrong, any feedback appreciated....thanks [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. RickTop

RickTop Extra

guys?

any opinions? i am interested as i have a similar setup. although, i figured direct radiating surrounds to do a better job due to placement.

3. Shane Harg

Shane Harg Second Unit

I had the exact same problem with my HT room while in America. I solved it by mounting a small TV mount to the corner on the couch side (there will be a stud right on that corner) and putting the speaker on that to put it in closer proximity to the couch, like the speaker on the other side. You may consider one of the following options:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Good luck.

4. Jack Sampson

Jack Sampson Stunt Coordinator

I have a similiar room set up but I don't see why you would need the tv bracket. Why not just get a speaker stand? In my living room I have the 2 rear speakers sitting on end tables on each side of the couch.

5. Jack Sampson

I have a similiar room set up but I don't see why you would need the tv bracket. Why not just get a speaker stand? In my living room I have the 2 rear speakers sitting on end tables on each side of the couch.

6. Jack Sampson

7. Jack Sampson

8. Jack Sampson

9. Jack Sampson