What's new

Speaker Placement Question? (1 Viewer)

Andy_A

Second Unit
Hi, I'm moving my home theater and the new front projector requires me to place my equipment rack where my rear surround speaker will be. The easiest thing for me to do is place my medium-large bookshelf surround right speaker on top of the equipment rack. My question is this: will the speaker interfere with the equipment on the rack, particularly the laserdisc and dvd players while they are running? If so, my only option is to build a really tall speaker stand or to mount it on the wall behind the rack somehow. I'd love to place it on top of the rack, but would hate for the speaker to mess up the discs spinning. Do you think this would happen? Could I somehow use isolaters w/ the speaker and disc players to minimize or negate this effect? Any help would be appreciated, thanks

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Since most LD and DVD transports are plastic, I doubt the speaker will be a problem. What you might do is put a sheet of cold rolled steel on the top of the rack to prevent the magnetic field from getting through.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Andy_A

Second Unit
one more question: if I place some rubber feet below the speaker and vibrapods under the dvd and ld players, do you think it would negate any ill-effects? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks