What's new

Speaker placement assitance (1 Viewer)

Chris_K

Auditioning
This would be easier if I could show you a picture but I dont have access to a place where I can put it and link to it for you to see so I will try to explain - I have a rough pic if you want me to email it to you.

I have an L shaped living room-dining room combination the bottom part of the L is living room. At the bottom left corner is my TV and in front of that is the couch. To the right of the TV is the fireplace. I am trying to figure out where to put my surrounds (infinity RS3 on short sand filled stands). If I put them by the walls then they wont be equidistant from the couch. I suppose I could stick them there and tweak the volume level for each speaker. I also thought of putting them behind the couch but what should I do about the wires?

Anyone got any ideas?

WayneO

Supporting Actor
If your receiver allows for speaker distance and level calibration, put in the right distances and use a RS SPL meter to calibrate, and you should be fine. If you can't, I'm assuming hard floors? Run the wire along the wall as long as you can then to the speaker. You can get some matching colored wire for your baseboards and colored tape for the floor or maybe and area rug to cover wires in the walkway, run them under the couch to hide the wire too. If carpeted, though it can be a pain, you can run the wire under the carpet with only a little bit of wire showing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks