What's new

Speaker Placement and Wall Mounted TV (1 Viewer)

PPBLUES

Auditioning
Real Name
Pat Gallagher
I am planning on purchasing a plasma tv but I have a question regarding mounting of the plasma in relation to the speakers. If I mount the plasma on the wall, my center speaker and front speakers will then be placed about 16 inches in front of the TV. I had read that all the front speakers should be placed even with the TV. Is it problematic to have the speakers closer than the TV to the listening position? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks
Pat

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
It's not a problem. In fact, some believe the ideal placement is the center vertically even with the TV and the L/R a foot or two in front of it. In fact, almost all speakers benefit from having some space between them and the front wall.

thrca

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jim
This was somewhat along the lines of something I was also trying to determine. I am actually planning on having an acoustically transparent front wall that is about 3ft from the actual front wall. It will be transparent on the left, right, and below the projection screen for the front L/R/C channels, so they are "hidden" from sight but not acoustically.

Not sure if this is the desired, so I am still researching to see if this is likely to impede the performance of my mains, since they have side-firing woofers on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lockheede
Recent bookmarks