What's new

speaker placement advise (1 Viewer)

Elbert Lee

Supporting Actor
I had recently moved and am starting to put my system back together at my new home.

The HT room is much wider than at my previous address.

My surround speakers are at the side of the living area and I have two surround back speakers along the rear wall pointing downward.

My fronts will not be aligned with the rears because they are situated directly on the left and right of the RPTV.

My question:

SHould I just spread the front speakers out or would leaving them be OK?

Elbert

Paul_Dunlop

Second Unit
Hi
You should spread them out based on the distance you are from them. ie. If you are 15 feet away, place them 10 feet apart. This is not always feasible, but you should aim to also have them out from the wall in both directions (front and side)
This will allow them room to 'breathe'.
They don't have to be facing directly across from the surrounds.
Hope this helped

Elbert Lee

Supporting Actor
Thanks Paul. I figured as much. Followup question: The fronts are towers (NHT 2.9) and I do send LFE signals to them. Would it be ok to have a sub placed next to each of them?

Paul_Dunlop

Second Unit
Hi
sorry for the delay in responding - i don't fully understand the question though
would the subs be passive, if the fronts are receiving LFE already?
in normal cases, a lot of people put their subs beside their mains though
Take it easy

Elbert Lee

Supporting Actor
no problem, Paul. The subs are active. I have them placed on the front corners of the room. I have the main speakers next to each of the subs, and then the RPTV. I was planning on sending the LFE to both the MAINS and SUB, but was worried about cancellation. My pre/pro isn't here yet so I have no idea what it'll sound like. I was hoping to get some preliminary advise on this setup before I get all of my equipment in.

Thanks!

Elbert

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks