What's new

Speaker performance in a enterntainment unit? (1 Viewer)

Mike Wladyka

Supporting Actor
Hey Guys...you are so helpful with all my questions so here is another one...

I am planning to get monitor 7's/cc370/minimonitors from paradigm (like i had to tell you that they are from paradigm:D )

If i build an entertainment unit (i like to build things), and i build in speaker compartments on either side for the monitor 7's will this hurt their performance? How much room should i leave around the speakers so that it won't hurt their performance? What other, if any, factors should i worrying about?

Mike

PS - it should be a pretty sweet unit, too

ErichH

Screenwriter
Mike - I make these units for a living (see here Link Removed)
50% of the time, people want the speaks in the case. With small monitors, it's not a problem. Some think you need extra space for the speaker to resonate, especially for rear ported.

It should be obvious that you are loosing a small amount of performance by closing a speaker within another box, and you are. If you choose a sealed design, it might be a little better.

Keeping everything tidy inside the cases is what it is - Tidy.
If you use a grill cloth door you could open the back behind each speaker opening and at least give those rear ports a little room. Try Ponte from your local fabric store - it's cheap and easy to work with.

Good Luck
Eric

Mike Wladyka

Supporting Actor
I am pretty sure that the monitor 7's are front ported

Thanks for the info Eric

PS - pretty cool enterntainment units you got/build

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks