What's new

Speaker Packages: Which would you get? (1 Viewer)

Brad Scott

Agent
Limit is $600 for an entry-level package. Would like 4 bookshelves, a center and a sub. Room is 13 X 21, and would like it for both HT and music listening.

Considering Fluance, HTD, and Cambridge Soundworks. Possibly a used set of NHT SuperZeros/SuperOnes.

Best sound for modest budget: Which would you get?

John S

Senior HTF Member
B&H has the 12" Sony powered sub for $134.95

One Call has:
JBL S-center for $117.98
JBL S-38II for $232.85 per pair

BestPriceUadioVideo has:
JBL S26II for $159 per pair

This setup at just over $600 would be way beyond an entry level system.

Search around for even better pricing on them though, I came up with these prices with only cursory searches.

Ian-Fl

Second Unit
You've got a real mixed bag there of different speaker designs.
The used NHT set stands out. Keep in mind that an ideal set of bookshelf speakers for music should be a matched set of five identical speakers with a "really good" sub. You might have to up you're budget in that case to get an excellent sub.
I like floorstanding speakers with the surrounds set back a couple of db's for music listening. I have the SX-HTB set by Fluance. The high, mid and low frequencies are full sounding with no distortion. Match that with a good sub like the Hsu stf-1 and you'll have a good set for music and theater for $600.

Dan Halchak

Stunt Coordinator
I agree with John, check out those JBLs, I think for the ~$600 price tag, you'd be very happy with those.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks