What's new

speaker package for 2,500 (1 Viewer)

Frank joe

Stunt Coordinator
i have looked at several speaker packages for home theater.
at the 2,500 range for 2 fronts a center and 2 rears. this included , energy c-9 connoisseur , phase tech 9.1, aad q-30, and jm lab colbolt, and swan dul'cet . are they the best or am i missing something. this will be used for 80% home theatre and 20% music. also i have a 18'' velo for a sub. please any idears i only want to buy this once for years to come. help?????????? frank

DavidAM

Second Unit
I'd check out the new Polk LSi series. I've never heard them personally, but the reviews have been great.

JohnBrianW.

Stunt Coordinator
For that price you could get into the best Axiom has to offer M80 towers, VP150 center and QS8's for rears. Read the reviews. I've listened to them and they are amazing!

Jason_Dan

Agent
How about Def tech?
front BP2004TL $1600 a pair
center CLR2002 $500 each
Rear BP2X $500 a pair

you may not even need a sub. A number of posters convinced me I did not need one with this set up since the 2004's have 10" 250watt powered subbs in each! I don't have a sub and my house is shaking!!

Jason

John A. Casler

Second Unit
what do you mean my front end?
Your front end is the component chain leading to the speakers (or infront of them)

What DVD or CD player, what Receiver or Pre/Pro-AMP combo are you planning to "light the speakers up" with.

This helps some make suggestions regarding the Speakers.

For example if you only had 45wpc youmight want to consider a higher efficeincy speaker.

John

Frank joe

Stunt Coordinator
i have a pioneer elite 39tx its rated at 120 by 5 and a poineer elite 100 by 100 rear amp for 7.1 surround does this help???

John A. Casler

Second Unit
Frank,

With that rig, I would suggest the VMPS (TowerIIs front and rear with a QSO626 center) That would be absolutely SICK! (old expression for GREAT!)

Hard for me to imagine anything coming close value to performance wise in any category, except maybe looks (subjective)

MAINS- VMPS Tower IIs
Center - QSO626
REARS -VMPS Tower IIs

Rear Woofers run with phase reversed (antiphase) to provide push pull.

Eight 12" woofs in this system will blast 22Hz all day long with that receiver.

No Sub needed

John

Gil D

Supporting Actor
Yes, Polk LSi-15 towers, LSi-C center, and LSi-FX switchable bipole/dipole. Should be under your price shipped and rock the house.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks