What's new

Speaker output? Diva Questions (1 Viewer)

JoelM

Stunt Coordinator
Well I've been spending a lot of time trying to decide what are the best amps to drive my setup. I have a Denon2802, and just ordered a Parasound855 I know these both are capable of 85 X 5 watts per speaker. I'm expecting a big difference in the Para. I'm thinking of a Parasound 2003(200 X3) for the front and center. If the Diva 6.1 are rated at 20-200 watts and I get the parasound 2003 there is no need to upgrade this because it is at the recommended max? Am I right here? Well after I decide I will use my other Parasound855(leave one chan open) to drive my 4 R3's at 4ohms into 125watts. These speakers are rated 20-150 watts. I am very close to there max but will that 25 watts (out of the 4 surrounds) really sound that much different? I listen at reference and in a 20 X 30 bedroom. Sorry if this comes off as a simple question I just want the best setup so there is no need to upgrade for a while.

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter
Joel;

I'll give you the short answer: Don't ever worry about having too much power. Not having enough will more likely damage your speakers.

Dan Steffen

Stunt Coordinator
Ditto what J.Fo said. Its better to have more power than your speakers can handle than having less than they can handle.
I have a pretty similar setup..Denon 3802 with 6.1/c3/2.1 and I'm considering getting the outlaw 770 amp. The only problem is that I really don't have a dedicted 20 amp circuit just for the amp;)

Russell W

Agent
Joel,

You've gotten great advice. Underpowering is much more critical than overpowering.

Enjoy!

Russell Woolfolk

AV123.com

PomingF

Second Unit
Joel, even @ ref level you probably won't need more than 50w/ch from each of those amps. But as everyone else here said it's better to have reserve power for transients and to avoid clipping.

PF

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks