What's new

speaker opinions (1 Viewer)

raymond caputo

Stunt Coordinator
setting up a home theatre in my basement...that part of the basement will be 12'X 22'...ceiling will be about 7'...i am considering either the axioms m80ti or the klipsch rf-7's..i was wondering if these speakers might be overkill for that size room...was thinking also of pairing up the speakers with a denon receiver(maybe 3805)...this will be a room used mainly for watching dvd's and some music..also looking at different front projectors...i have set up in my den snell speakers that are awesome but don't want to spend another $4800 on speakers..maybe some suggestions...budget for front speakers will be up to $2000....

mackie

Supporting Actor
RF-7s are huge speakers. They'll work in that room, but you're going to have two monoliths in there. The RF-5 is a good speaker and will fill the room up with sound rather nicely. Are you planning on using a sub with them? If it's mostly for movies, go with bookshelves and a sub. Consider the RB-7 or RB-5 - I think that's the model numbers. You might save a little cash and get better sound with the bookshelves and quality sub.

raymond caputo

Stunt Coordinator
we all tend to think that big is better...i will use a sub and want one that will shake the house...i was also checking out some of the speakers that hang on the wall..they are make for plasma's...thanks mackie

mackie

Supporting Actor
I certainly understand the bigger is better thinking:D If you can get a deal on the RF-7, jump on it. When I started looking for a new system a few years ago, I had the same thoughts. After lots of listening and budgetary issues came into play, I chose monitors and a good sub instead, and I haven't looked back.

When I was looking I auditioned the RF-7 in one of those mega-buck, no holds barred theater rooms. You know, the one with a 10' projector screen, and I found the RF-7 too much. I then listened to the RF-5 in a smaller room and was impressed. Both are power-house speakers.

Good luck on your search. I've heard mixed things about speakers that are hung on walls, so try them first.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks