What's new

Speaker opinion request (1 Viewer)

Zenas

Agent
Just wanted to know if anyone's used and likes the JBL N38 II floorstanding speakers. They're available at Best Buy for about $199.99. They're 3-ways, with an 8" PolyPlas woofer, 4" PolyPlas midrange, and 3/4" titanium laminate tweeter. I'll be using them with my stereo deck for music, which uses Technics components. Thanks in advance for the help!!

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
They should be ok, make sure they allow returns and hook them up right away and listen. $200 is not alot for speakers so dont expect the world but you should not have any strange buzzes or other noises

Myo K

Stunt Coordinator
i think you can get a lot better sounding speakers for 200, ive listened to them,

avoid the trash they sell at big chain stores. and go to home theater shops and listen to what they have to offer in the 400 dollars a pair price range, youd be surprised at the increase of sound quality you can get with that over the 38II's

i was actually going to get those, (you can find them even cheaper online) but then i heard the omni 60's and they had a monolithic leap in sound quality and imaging over the the floorstanding 38IIs, but their cost an average of 600 a pair over jbls 400 a pair.
but much worth it imo.

my omni 60s paired with the sony sawm40 sub sounds better then the jbla 312studio 800 dollar floorstanding speakers.

youd be surprised at whats available out there, just do some research and give the non-mainstream speakers a good listen.

Zenas

Agent
Thanks a lot for the opinions, guys!! I think I may take a look at some Paradigm speakers. My good friend's dad runs a business that develops industrial cleaning solutions, and it seems Paradigm is one of his clients. He can get fairly good deals on Paradigm equipment.. let's see what comes outta that... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks