What's new

Speaker Mounting issue (1 Viewer)

Erich_W

Auditioning
Hi all I have the Insignia 1000watt system from Best Buy. Problem that I face with it, is that the speakers do not have any mounting holes on them, which I noticed when taking out of the box. What I also dont get is they list compatible accessories to this product, but how can you mount it if there are no mounting holes?!?

Has anyone used this system before, or any suggestions for wall mounting satellite speakers without wall mount holes on them? Aside from putting up mini shelves for these, I'd love to mount them right back onto my wall like my old system! Thanks for any help!

Erich_W

Auditioning
Nope, not even a threaded hole! On the back where a threaded hole might be, its either filled with plastic, and in the case of the center speaker, has an empty hole!

Victor Ferguson

Stunt Coordinator
Sounds like some DIY work is in store for you. Do you feel comfortable putting holes in the speaker? If so a drill and some nuts and bolts should remedy the problem.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
How much do the speakers weigh? I mounted my Paradigm ADP-170 surrounds (@15 lbs each) using picture/mirror hanging brackets from Lowe's. They are a two piece design; one piece mounts to the wall and the other mounts to the speaker. (Drilling is required to mount to both wall and speaker.) You then hang the speaker on the bracket mounted to the wall. When properly anchored, they support up to 75 lbs each. The bracket which mounts to the wall even has a small plum level so you can level the bracket before you drill holes in the wall to anchor it.

Best $5 piece of hardware I've ever purchased.

Erich_W

Auditioning
They are pretty light, like 5 pounds or so each. They are basically mini cube speakers. Are there any stands out there that might accomodate these types of speakers? I'm just surprised that they have no mounting holes!! Its honestly the first time i've seen a HT setup without speaker holes!!!

Erich_W

Auditioning
W00t! Ok, heads up...the speakers that come with this system, on the back they have a little nobby job thing that you can drill straight into. So I have the three rear speakers mounted on my rear wall by my bed (this is a room speaker system), and the front two mounted on the wall flush against it. Center speaker is actually sitting right on top of my tv, and it looks good. System is 6.1 so all three rears will sound damn good, and it seems to be holding perfectly!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks