What's new

Speaker matching (1 Viewer)

Dave H.

Grip
Hi Folks, Can anyone explain the importance of speaker matching or voice matching? Can I mix different brands and still have a decent surround system. Any suggestions on a 5.1 surround sound speaker system? Budget of around $800.00 Thanks, Dave H.

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter

Many are now applying the same recommendation in their home HT's by re-creating the same sonic seamless surround environment used @ the Mixing Studios (at the very least identical speakers for the Front, Side and Rear Center Channel locations w/timbre-matched Center) that designed our blockbuster DD/DTS-5.1/6.1 seamless discrete surround mix!

Phil

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
YES, you can use different brands of speakers, but that means you actually have to listen to a bunch of speakers until you find ones that match... It's a LOT easier to just get matching speakers - at the very least, the front three should match well. The surrounds can be somewhat different, but it will still sound better with them as closely matched as possible in the end.

I use 3 identical speakers across the front.

AlbertD

Stunt Coordinator
John's advice is both solid and correct. At the very least all three front speakers should be the same. And in a perfect world, aligned the same ie: all placed vertically.

Dave H.

Grip
Thanks too all, You have covinced me, Time to go speaker shopping. Thanks again. Dave H.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks