What's new

speaker location for 5.1 (1 Viewer)

DustinT

Agent
hi folks,
i'm dangerously close to the actual speaker installation stage. finished the new floor this weekend (pergo, actually going to redo 3 planks, but mostly done). my wife is painting this week, then the plasma and speaker install begin.

before i get there, I could use some help on figuring exact locations for my speakers. what kind of info do you need from me?

I will likely be using Onkyo's THIB 5.1 system HT-S570 or HT-S770. 100Wx5 + sub.
My room's dimensions are about 13' deep by about 15' long. the t.v. will be off center of the room, on the long wall. with a sectional couch in the corner. t.v. can't be perfectly centered to the couch because of crappy door locations. maybe i should make a sketch on paintbrush?

is there any easy formula for figuring speaker locations? my concerns are height of speakers and also the distance the speaker is mounted from the ear. all but the sub will be wall mounted.

thx,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks