Speaker Hum from Cable Ground Loop

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Robert Ross, Oct 2, 2006.

1. Robert Ross

Robert Ross Agent

I currently get speaker hum whenever I connect both my sub and my cable service. As of right now I've just been d/c one when I use the other, but I'd like to get this fixed. Any idea how to get rid of this?

2. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
  3. Bill_Mis

Bill_Mis Stunt Coordinator

I connected all of my plugs from amp, receivers, subs to the same power strip and it solved my problem. Mine was caused by cable but the amp was on a different power strip than everything else and so plugging it into the main strip solved my problem.

4. Robert Ross

Robert Ross Agent

John: Thanks for the link, I remember seeing that site a while back ago, but couldn't remember where. I ordered the part they reccomended and hope it works.

Bill: The only thing that isn't connected to the same plug-in is my sub, which is one of the items causing the hum, so that could work, but with the placement of my sub, it's just not really feasible (too far of a distance).

5. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    Good luck [​IMG] I ended up calling my cable company and they eventually came out and fixed my problem. I used a cheap isolation transformer to decouple the cable in the meantime and it worked.