What's new

Speaker Hum from Cable Ground Loop (1 Viewer)

Robert Ross

Agent
I currently get speaker hum whenever I connect both my sub and my cable service. As of right now I've just been d/c one when I use the other, but I'd like to get this fixed. Any idea how to get rid of this?

Bill_Mis

Stunt Coordinator
I connected all of my plugs from amp, receivers, subs to the same power strip and it solved my problem. Mine was caused by cable but the amp was on a different power strip than everything else and so plugging it into the main strip solved my problem.

Robert Ross

Agent
John: Thanks for the link, I remember seeing that site a while back ago, but couldn't remember where. I ordered the part they reccomended and hope it works.

Bill: The only thing that isn't connected to the same plug-in is my sub, which is one of the items causing the hum, so that could work, but with the placement of my sub, it's just not really feasible (too far of a distance).

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Good luck :) I ended up calling my cable company and they eventually came out and fixed my problem. I used a cheap isolation transformer to decouple the cable in the meantime and it worked.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks