Speaker Hum from Cable Ground Loop

Robert Ross

Agent
I currently get speaker hum whenever I connect both my sub and my cable service. As of right now I've just been d/c one when I use the other, but I'd like to get this fixed. Any idea how to get rid of this?

Bill_Mis

Stunt Coordinator
I connected all of my plugs from amp, receivers, subs to the same power strip and it solved my problem. Mine was caused by cable but the amp was on a different power strip than everything else and so plugging it into the main strip solved my problem.

Robert Ross

Agent
John: Thanks for the link, I remember seeing that site a while back ago, but couldn't remember where. I ordered the part they reccomended and hope it works.

Bill: The only thing that isn't connected to the same plug-in is my sub, which is one of the items causing the hum, so that could work, but with the placement of my sub, it's just not really feasible (too far of a distance).

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Good luck
I ended up calling my cable company and they eventually came out and fixed my problem. I used a cheap isolation transformer to decouple the cable in the meantime and it worked.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gullfo