speaker hookup to reciever?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Rob E, Nov 19, 2003.

1. Rob E

Rob E Extra

I am a newbie to this field and a little confused. I want to run 6 bose accumass speakers to a reciever. I do not own the speakers nor the reciver yet. When i went to the bose store they told me i had to purchase the subwoofer along with the speakers. They cannot be hooked up directly to the reciever? So my question is do i have to buy the complete package? - I do have sources where i can just get the satilite speakers- Please Help

2. Jonty Rees

Jonty Rees Stunt Coordinator

I wouldn't buy anything from anyone who tells me I "have" to buy anything. GO somewhere else to get your gear.

3. John S

John S Producer

Cast off the Bose go with something else, for the sake of your ears and enjoyment please....

4. ChrisLazarko

ChrisLazarko Supporting Actor

I hate to tell you but for the price of the Bose speakers that you are going to pay I would definantly find something else. They are a cheaply made speaker... do a comparison to some good speaker companies such as JBL, Polk, Klipsch, Infinity, Paradigm... you will find that when you pair up a system that is the same from any of these companies that you are going to get something that will sound much better than the Bose.

Check the link out below and it will tell you all the information you need to know below. Bose is not a hihgly regarded company as you have seen from the two people who have already posted. Nobody on this Forum will even tell you to buy a Bose product no matter what it is. The reasons are simple and explained in this article. Not to mention the Bose systems that cost nearly $1000 cost perhaps $50-$100 MAX. to make...

http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html

Don't get ripped off, you can even go to Bestbuy and pick up a better system for less. Take this advice before you make a seriously wrong decision.

5. Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh Producer

Rob - in case you have not noticed, Bose is not a popular brand here. In many cases, they try to sell you a 'system' that includes a under-powered receiver and the Bass Module + cubes.

A more traditional (and upgradable) system can be had by buying Cambridge Soundworks, Gallo speakers (www.roundsound.com), or going with 5 small mini-monitors and a subwoofer.

In truth - you DO have to buy the Bose "Bass Module" to work with the cubes. The Bass Module contains the cross-over electronics and some compensation circuits designed to make those 4" tweeters sound good. They dont work well connected directly to a receiver.

This is why the salesmen dont sell the cubes separate.