Speaker Help

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by James_C, Oct 15, 2001.

1. James_C

James_C Agent

I am looking at getting some new speakers for my "developing" HT. I'm a newbie...so any help is appreciated. I have been looking at the Def Tech BP8's and the Def Tech ProTower 400's for my mains. What are your thoughts on the bi-polar tower vs. the Pro Tower? Do you have any other recomendations???

2. Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh Producer

Hi James. I own DefTech 2000 towers and spent some time investigating why bipolars sound so good. To sum it up, if you can put 2-3 feet of space behind the towers, go with the bipolars. If not, you may as well go with the Pro Towers.
    The ProTowers also have the advantage of built-in subs. This has higher SAF (Spousal Acceptance Factor) and less cabling & adjustments. This will get you buy for a few years. The higher-end HT systems tend to have external subs in more optimal locations, but you can always buy the external sub and turn-off the ones in the PorTowers.
    Good luck.

3. Eric Wood

Eric Wood Stunt Coordinator

Try the Prism 5.2s< /A>

4. James_C

James_C Agent

I will not be able to place the speakers 2-3 feet away from the wall. Any other suggestions on a good pair of speakers for under $800 or so???

5. James_C

James_C Agent

bump