What's new

Speaker Help (1 Viewer)

James_C

Agent
I am looking at getting some new speakers for my "developing" HT. I'm a newbie...so any help is appreciated. I have been looking at the Def Tech BP8's and the Def Tech ProTower 400's for my mains. What are your thoughts on the bi-polar tower vs. the Pro Tower? Do you have any other recomendations???

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Hi James. I own DefTech 2000 towers and spent some time investigating why bipolars sound so good. To sum it up, if you can put 2-3 feet of space behind the towers, go with the bipolars. If not, you may as well go with the Pro Towers.
The ProTowers also have the advantage of built-in subs. This has higher SAF (Spousal Acceptance Factor) and less cabling & adjustments. This will get you buy for a few years. The higher-end HT systems tend to have external subs in more optimal locations, but you can always buy the external sub and turn-off the ones in the PorTowers.
Good luck.

James_C

Agent
I will not be able to place the speakers 2-3 feet away from the wall. Any other suggestions on a good pair of speakers for under $800 or so???

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks