Speaker Grills

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Finn Z, Jul 3, 2001.

1. Finn Z

Finn Z Auditioning

I am moving into a new home soon. I have decided that the best place for my front left and right speakers are in the ceiling angled down toward the listners. I want to keep the speakers that I currently own, they are about 16 inches long and about 8 inches wide. I was planning on building a box in the ceiling and then placing a grill (which I'll paint to match the ceiling) over the hole. So far I have been unable to find anybody who sells grills alone. I have only found in wall speker kits which include the speaker. Has anyone else run across speaker grill covers sold seperately, or does anybody have any ideas that they think would help?

2. carl-s

carl-s Extra

Finn,
    Welcome to the forum.
    I'm not sure if you want cloth or metal, but if you go to www.mcmelectronics.com they list cloth for speakers. If it's metal you want, then I would look up in the phone book for sheet metal and and metal mesh. You need to see the different sizes and designs they offer. Most likely it will be sold by the square yard. You might want to consider to shield the speakers if you intend to use a metal mesh.
    Carl
    ------------------