Speaker Distortion

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kevin Parker, Jun 18, 2002.

1. Kevin Parker

Kevin Parker Stunt Coordinator

Hi guys,
    I am looking to buy a AV receiver so right now I have an Aiwa pro-logic shelf system and I am running my infinity IL25C(center), IL10(main), Acoustic research AR215(surround) and a Hitachi sub.

The problem is that I am hearing a noticeable distortion on mid to low volumes in dialogs and on low volume in vocals while playing music and It gets better on higher volume. Do you guys know if its my speaker or shity Aiwa?

I checked infinity at the store they sounded real amazing. I hope it is my Aiwa and will be fixed when I buy a new receiver.

2. matthew_rm

matthew_rm Second Unit

It is your Aiwa. Most miny-system amps are like that. I have a higher-end minisystem running my Klipsch RF3II towers for now-not to bad! However, on the most part it will sound bad.
    The sony does have more bass then any reciever for sale ever! V-GROOVE will increase 25hz to 100HZ by like 12DB. Crazy. Im waiting to get a nice reciever, (HK, Denon) and leave all the sony pre-amp crap behind.[​IMG]

3. Kevin Parker

thanx mathew, I wuz kinda worried about my speakers.

4. Kevin Parker

Anyone else know why this happening?