What's new

Speaker Distortion, set-up problems? (1 Viewer)

RayHiga

Auditioning
Hello,
I am having speaker distortion while playing DVDs, before going further this is my equipment list to give you a better understanding of the situation,
DVD Player - Sony D530
Reciever - Kenwood VR 407
Speakers - Kenwood HTB 503 ( home theater in a box)
Subwoofer - Sony WMSA 40
Surge Protector - Monster Cable HTS 700
Speaker Cable Solutions 16 gauge ( no banana connectors or spades)
RCA - Digital TOSlink Optical Cable from DVD - Reciever.
I made all the adjustments manually to the reciever/dvd player, like putting the subwoofer yes, making the front speakers read "normal", etc...
The rest of the set-up is factory setting, (until I get an AVIA disc)
Now to the problem,
- Whenever I watch any DVD movie, if the volume goes past -30db, or at -30db, I hear a slight thumping noise from all speakers, and will continue for each time I press the volume control up like to -29db, 28db and so on.
I have had this problem before and was told to get a surge protector and upgrade the factory speaker wire, but the problem still consists.
Any suggestions, comments or advice is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Ray
[email protected]

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
Could be a bad volume control sending feedback to your speakers. I've played with mixing consoles before that had a shielding or wiring problem with their volume circuitry and got the same kind of noise you are describing.
Dan
------------------
Boycott JVC, 5C, HDCP, DFAST, and stop the MPAA!! Call Or Write The FCC And Your State and Federal Representatives To Protect Quality HDTV And Other HD Media, And Your Constitutional Rights!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation661
Recent bookmarks