1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Speaker Distance Question?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by scott_tinari, Nov 16, 2001.

1. scott_tinari

scott_tinari Stunt Coordinator

If Iam setting 9' away from my fronts and center, how far apart should the Left speaker to the Right Front speaker be?. I have them at 6 feet apart is that fine

2. jeff lam

jeff lam Screenwriter

Jeff Lam
    There are many methods to this but if you use the equalateral triangle method(common), 9 ft.

3. Sean Conklin

Sean Conklin Screenwriter

Considering your sitting only 9 ft. away, 6 FT. should be just fine. You should get good imaging and separation at this distance.
    I sit 8ft. away from my mains and center in my dedicated theater room, my mains are about 7.5ft. apart. I have experimented and 7.5ft. apart seems to be the perfect distance for both HT and music.
    I also have a surround system in my living room and sit about 12 ft. away and I run my mains about 6 ft. apart with great results.
    ------------------
    Sean
    "Self Realization....I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates who said.......I drank what?"
    [Edited last by Sean Conklin on November 16, 2001 at 11:39 AM]