1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Speaker Dilemna

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brian Burnaby, Mar 14, 2002.

1. Brian Burnaby

Brian Burnaby Auditioning

Hello All,

I'm about to buy a pair of tower speakers. My current setup is all hand me down equipment, and I want to start building up, a few pieces at a time. Tower speakers seemed the best place to start, as I listen to a lot of music, as well as movies.

Here's the dilemna. I have settled on the two sepakers:

1) PsB Image 5T

2) Paradigm Monitor 7

They are both very similar speakers, but are sold by two differant dealers in my area (Vancouver BC). The showrooms of the dealers are vastly differant and as a result I'm having a tough time making a decision between the two speakers.

Have any of you had a chance to compare the two? Or any reason to prefer one speaker/company over the other?

Thanks,

Brian

2. DerekF

DerekF Stunt Coordinator

I have just researched, auditioned and shopped comparing the psb image 5t/9c and the Paradigm monitor7/cc370--and, yesterday, I came home with the psbs.

I listened to the paradigms in two different stores, and, IMHO, in both cases they just seemed a little bit "muffled" to my ears. The psbs, on the other hand, seemed to be a little bit more "dymanic" (I'm no audiophile, so excuse the jargon).

Also swaying my decision was my desire to get a center channel with some heft (both sonically and physically), and the 9C is a monster!

Finally, I went with the 1Bs for rears, since space doesn't allow for the 2B that matches a little more closely.

I've only played with them so far for a few hours, but so far I love them. They are paired with the Yamaha rx-v2200 receiver.

In both 2ch music and HT, they ROCK!...just my two cents...