Speaker Dilemma

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ed Haze, Apr 8, 2002.

1. Ed Haze

Ed Haze Agent

Here's my problem. I am looking to replace my existing 5.1 set-up which currently consists of Infinity Reference 6s, RS Center, & 2000.1s and an older Yamaha DD Receiver(595 I believe). I have narrowed my receiver decision down to:
    • Denon 3802(3 if available)
    • Integra 7.1
    • possibly Sherwood Newcastle 956
    The receiver is the lessor of my worries, but it's the speakers for which I am torn. Speakers options consist of:
    • PSB Image 6Ts, 9c, & 2Bs
    • Paradigm Studio 60s(or 40s),Studio CC, and 20s
    • Diva 4.1s, C3, and 2.1s
    Unfortunately, I have only had the opportunity to demo the Paradigms, but will have a chance to listen to the PSBs in 2 weeks in Boston. The Divas(IMO) look better, but I do not have the chance to demo them since there are no registered(on audioenvy.com) Diva owners in Vermont. It would be tough to shell out the $$ w/o even hearing them. All set-ups will be in the same general price range b/c I only live 2 hours from Montreal and can get either the PSB or Paradigm set-ups much cheaper there. I am getting antsy, and would love to make the change soon. What the heck should I do?

2. Ed Haze

Ed Haze Agent

Just to add another question. Are there any Diva owners up here in VT? I would love to audition the Divas, but would rather not drive 3 hours to hear them. Help, please!

3. SkiingNinja

SkiingNinja Second Unit

Are you close enough to the border of any of the surrounding states to be within driving distance?

4. Ed Haze

Ed Haze Agent

I am in Montpelier which is more toward the NH side of VT if that helps.

5. SkiingNinja

SkiingNinja Second Unit

NH? Nope that doesn't help. Wrong side [​IMG]