What's new

Speaker Damage??? (1 Viewer)

Sean_B

Stunt Coordinator
I just received my paradigm 40 speakers in the mail today. They were packed very well. I bought them from Link Removed
Cosmetically they look brand spankin' new with not a scratch on them. But when I hooked them up I noticed that the right speaker was audibly different from the left. Not noticeable when sitting on couch but definately something doesn't seem right with I put my ear up to the speaker.
The tweeter has a different sound than the left speaker. Also seems like distortion as well. Is the tweeter bad?
Maybe its just a bad connection on my speaker wire? The latter which I doubt. Like I said these were bought used. Would they still be covered under Paradigm warranty?
Thanks for any help and suggestions.

Luis A

Second Unit
What about the speakers you used before? I'm guessing they did not have this problem right? If your original speakers are ok,and you have not switched anything around in you system, then I would say it's your Paradigms that are the problem. I don't know about the warranty so contact Paradigm customer service, or maybe you can return them? L
P.S. Have you switching the left speaker to right and so no?

Luis A

Second Unit
What about the speakers you used before? I'm guessing they did not have this problem right? If your original speakers are ok,and you have not switched anything around in you system, then I would say it's your Paradigms that are the problem. I don't know about the warranty so contact Paradigm customer service, or maybe you can return them? Paradigm tech support e-mail [email protected].
Good luck! L
P.S. Have you switching the left speaker to right and so no?

Sean_B

Stunt Coordinator
frown.gif
I've done the above. Still doesn't sound right.

Selden Ball

Second Unit
Real Name
Selden
I'd suggest getting it repaired or replaced under warrantee. My guess is that an internal connection has failed in the crossover circuitry that filters the frequencies going to the tweeter.
------------------
Selden

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks