What's new

Speaker cutting out... (1 Viewer)

Mike__D

Supporting Actor
Last night I was listening to the tuner on my Onkyo 595 at high volume and I noticed the front left speaker cut out on me. The first possiblity is that somehow, my speaker is damaged. About 2 weeks ago when I came home, I found the speaker had fallen over (floor standing JBL n38), likely due to the fact my cat tried jumping on it. I imediately tested it, and all sounded well. I have since watched many movies and TV shows and it sounded fine. Wasn't till last night I noticed it cut-out... it made a static noise and as I turned the reciver volume down it was still cutting out a little bit, but then came back and stayed on. So, was it my reciever "clipping" at high volume, or might something be wrong with the speaker? I tried knocked the sides and top of of the speaker to see if there was a loose connection, but it stayed on... any ideas?

Thanks!

Mike D.

Kevin. W

Screenwriter
Check the connections at the back of your reciever especially if the cat can get back their. Try another movie or the same at a lower volume level and see if it happens. Take the speaker and turn it upside down/on its side with it close to your ear and see if you can here something moving inside Don't bang or it hit.

Kevin

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks