What's new

Speaker Connections (1 Viewer)

JamieZ

Stunt Coordinator
I am wondering if there is a way to connect 1 pair of speakers to 2 different receivers. See, I want one receiver for my cd sound and another for HT. It seems that the early 80's stereo receiver I have sounds better for cd playing. I will not play both receivers at the same time so could this work? If so could anybody tell me how?

Thanks

Jamie

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
You could get one of those boxes for hooking multiple pairs of speaker to one receiver, and connect it backwards. However, they often have resistor networks to keep the amp from overloading, so there may be some artifacts introduced. Therefore I expect a switch box for say, 2-3 sets of speakers would be better than one for 5-6 sets.
Just make sure you never have both receivers feeding a signal to the speakers at the same time.
Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
As I noted, hook it up backwards: Connect your speakers to the switch box’s “Receiver” terminals, and your two receivers to two of the box’s “Speaker” terminals.

Regards,

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks