What's new

Speaker Connections (1 Viewer)

JamieZ

Stunt Coordinator
I have a pair of Cerwin Vega LS-12 speakers and I am wondering what other ways can I connect my speaker wire to them. I have heard of banana clips and stuff and I am wondering if it can be connected by that. Or any other ways.
Jamie:emoji_thumbsup:

Loring

Stunt Coordinator
OK ill bite...

First off what we will need to know is first...What kind of terminals are on the speakers? Are they binding posts, or spring clips?

Most speakers will have spring clips and a good portion of speakers will have five-way binding posts. (my personal favorite) They will accept practically any type of cable termination you use. From bare wire to compression banana plugs, and if spaced properly they can accept dual banana plugs.

But for spring clips bare wire or pins can be used.

Gold is best type of material used for connectors, but not always available on some connectors. This is also a cost factor for some, that are trying to keep costs low.

Hope this gives you a bit more info so you can get back to use so we can help you better.

JamieZ

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks!! I have binding posts on my speakers so I will have to get some banana clips. I read somewhere that acoustic research makes some good banana clips.

Jamie

Brian Crowe

Stunt Coordinator
I also own a set of CV's and they will indeed accept the spaced bannana plugs. I picked up a set of Fosgates at Best buy but I'm sure the AR's would be cheaper.

~Crowe~

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks