What's new

speaker connections help with Pioneer 1014 (1 Viewer)

ChuckEanes

Auditioning
I am currently using a pioneer 1014 receiver. I also have Polk rti12's for front and rti8's and Csi5 center. I have the 12's powered by an Onkyo m504 through the preamp. My question is should i hook up the rti8's to the L/R surround or the surround back channels on the receiver, being its a 7 channel receiver what is the best way to hook up the rear speakers? Im fairly new to the whole 7.1 deal and only have 5 speakers(for now) just need the best way to hook up what I got.

Thanks
Chuck

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The rear centers should not be used, because if you configure a 5.1 setup, your surrounds will not get any sound and if you configure a 7.1 setup, you will be missing your primary surrounds (R&L).

ChuckEanes

Auditioning
So your saying to use the surround left and surround right channels, and leave the surround back channels alone correct?

Chuck

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Yes, leave them alone and in your receiver's speaker setup, you will want to set them to "none" until you add the other two speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks