What's new

Speaker choices (1 Viewer)

Kevin_F

Stunt Coordinator
A friend of mine has $1200 to spend on speakers and would like some recommendations from you guys. The $1200 has to include all 5 speakers plus the sub only. He is planning to get the Pioneer 1014 and the room he is putting this in is about 22'(L) x 12'(W).

If you need more info, please let me know.

martyTeboe

Grip

Not that I'm the best guy to ask, but if I had it all to do over again, I'd invest that $1200 into Front Mains and a Sub, and if I have enough left over, a center. Wait for the surrounds. I think it's better to build over time, when you have the money for the equipment you want, rather than buying some HTiB, and slowly upgrading piece by piece.
For $1200, you can't do too much these days, unfortunately.

Then again, it all really depends upon how serious your friend is about sound. If he's new to the game, and isn't sure about how much he'll enjoy the hobby (we already know he'll be hooked, right?), then $1200 might get him a decent system. If he's just looking to invest in something more long-term, then he might want to consider the slow approach, buying good stuff, and the best price he can find, and getting equip that will last.

Whatever he decides, point him to the HTF for lots of good info!!!

mt

Kevin_F

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Marty, he has decided to take your advice and is going to get 2 fronts, a sub and maybe a center channel. He is also going to get the Denon 2805 instead on the Pioneer 1014 because of the extra money he has available.
He will get the surrounds at another time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks