Speaker Cables with Monitor Gold Reference 60

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by matthew, Jan 15, 2004.

1. matthew

matthew Agent

I just got my Monitor Audio Gold Reference 60s and now I want to upgrade my speaker cables. These speakers for those who are not familiar are tri-wireable and I cant find any places who make a triwire cable. So maybe I biwire or just single conductor cable. If I go biwire, which terminal bridges do I remove and keep. Please, someone who knows, help!!

2. AustinKW

AustinKW Stunt Coordinator

Home Depot
    12ga spool
    Single runs to GR60s
    Spend savings on software
    Enjoy

3. Khoa Tran

Khoa Tran Supporting Actor

to be honest i've tried the home depot wire and the a lot of the bass disappeared, i thought i had something wrong but i checked and nothing...but then i put on some tara labs biwires the sound was much fuller and a more low end....that's my experience...i agree too much money on speaker cables like 1k+ is crazy but at 2-4 dollars a foot i'll spend if it makes this much difference for me...

4. Robert Cowan

Robert Cowan Supporting Actor

i cringe at the though of home depot cable!

audioquest will make tri-wire cable. it will of course be a special order, but they can make it in pretty much any configuration, as long as its their earth series, which has sufficient conductors for a tri-wire setup.

if you cant find a dealer locally, i am a dealer and could help you out. their new earth series thats battery powered is mind blowing.

5. AustinKW

AustinKW Stunt Coordinator

Perfectly understandable.