What's new

Speaker cables and interconnects (1 Viewer)

Jon SS

Auditioning
Does anybody know anything about Better Cables?

I was trying to compare Better Cables Silver Serpent speaker and interconnects to Monster's M Series and Chord Company's Odyssey cables.

I am relatively new to speaker cables and interconnects.

Thanks

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Well BetterCables is a sponsor of this forum and appear to make a well constructed cable. They do a nice job on their website and the self promotion is carefully worded and last i checked seem to not make too many unsupportable claims. They, like many other cable companies rely upon reviews by publications or websites to tout their merits. The usual terms one finds are:
If you were a skeptic.....
Even my wife heard the difference...
It was night and day...
They brought out sounds I'd never heard before...
Feel free to add to the above list.
Assuming that for whatever reason you've decided upon buying solely from these three companies, I'd pick the one that was least expensive since, using speaker cable for example, one is quite unlikely to hear a difference amongst cables that are of similar length and gauge.
Good luck to your country in the FIFA soccer tournament!

Jon SS

Auditioning
Thanks for the reply.

When you say pick the least expensive speaker cable as one is unlikely to hear the difference, is this the same for interconnects?

Yeah, Friday is a huge day here in the UK for the World Cup as we play Brazil!

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
For interconnects sound will be affected only if both the capacitance is very very large and you're running longgggggg lengths. However that's the mark of a poorly constructed cable and you may have other issues besides. Like I said, go with price, orrrrrrrrrrrr...go with what you have.

Bruce Chang

Second Unit
IMO Cat cables are better constructed then bettercables. Doug is amazing with the solder and his quality is top notch.
Link Removed

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
I think you'll get murdered on the s/h to england from catcables. I don't know if that's also an issue with BetterCables. Myself, I'd look to see what I could get locally. I'm sure you've got reputable places out there that deal in a variety of items such as partsexpress.com does here. AR I also believes sells in England, but it's your call.
Next time you contact Catcables Bruce, tell him he's got a few typos on his page, i.e. sleek not sleak, lose not loose, etc.

Jon SS

Auditioning
Thanks guys.

I will also look into cat cables. S/H should be ok as I will be moving to Canada soon and will probably buy everything there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks