Speaker Cable Wiring

Discussion in 'Accessories, Cables, and Remotes' started by Ammon, Oct 16, 2003.

1. Ammon

Ammon Stunt Coordinator

I am moving into a new house, and the location I want to put my Home Theater does not have a basement under it, and the room is finished. Is there a website that might give me some tips on running speaker cable, and cable that might work well in this situation? Also, my receiver is 7.1. Is there a reasonably priced speaker cable that has 2 pairs per line? So I can run one single cable to the back and have the connections for both the rear and side surround speakers?

2. Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh Producer

You can buy 4-conductor speaker wire in bulk at various places including www.partsexpress.com.

Radio Shack of all places has a small paper-back book on installing stereo systems that has diagrams about running wire.

If you have a crawl-space under the house, you can run wires under the floor. Or, pull the floor moulding out and cut off a bit of sheat-rock to make a 'tunnel' behind the moulding where you can run the wires.

Then there is always UP the insides of the wall into the attic area and across.

3. Ammon

Ammon Stunt Coordinator

Thanks! This is exactly what I'm looking for.