Speaker cable glue?

Discussion in 'Accessories, Cables, and Remotes' started by Frank Stevens, Feb 4, 2004.

1. Frank Stevens

Frank Stevens Auditioning

I'm running speaker wire to my rear speakers along the top of the wall, where it meets the ceiling. In a month, it's going to be covered by crown moulding, making it all look nice. However, for the month until then, I need to somehow afix the cable to the wall.

I'm using 12ga wire, so normal wire clips don't fit too well. I was wondering if there was a glue I could use to stick them to the wall for the time being. It doesn't have to last forever. I was thinking maybe carpet glue? I just want to make sure it won't eat through the wire shielding.

2. Mike Camm

Mike Camm Agent

I would say ... go to Home Depot and buy the larger than normal size wire clips ... before doing glue .. too much time and mess etc... plus you have to go with a clear glue or pain.. and I dont know many clear glues that will hold up 12ga wire...

just my 13 cents...

Camm

3. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    Try a hot glue gun. The glue dries really fast. Don't know if it will be strong enough to hold up the wire though.

4. Edwin_H

Edwin_H Stunt Coordinator

I second the recommendation for oversized clips from Home Depot. Can't go wrong there.

Edwin

5. Evan M

Evan M Second Unit

Could just use packaging tape strips or something. if it's geting covered up anyways..