What's new

speaker brackets for Klipsch RB3 (1 Viewer)

Nathan A

Second Unit
I'm mounting two RB-3s on my back 'wall' (extends 15 inches down from ceiling). I've looked online for hours trying to find brackets that have everything I need- downward tilt (where the speaker will be postitioned I need as much tilt as I can get- up to about 45 degrees probably) and they need to be able to swivel left and right a little. And, of course, they need to fit the RB3.

I've looked at Omnimount (75WA-IFK looks like almost perfect) but I'm not sure if they'll work- I wasn't able to see if they swivel L and R and actually fit the speakers. I've also looked at the Vantage Point bookshelf brackets but don't know if they'll work. B-Tech makes side clamping ones that I know could work, but they only tilt down 15 degrees (and their weight limit is right at where the RB3 is- 15lbs).

Doug Drake

Stunt Coordinator
Nathan - Re the OmniMount...I'd suggest a call to them to ask about the swivel capabilities.

As far as them fitting the RS-3 mounting holes...you may have to build a mounting "plate" out of stout wood or metal, which has holes in it to line up with the OmniMount and a second set of holes in it to line up with the RS-3 and you bolt the mounting plate to both the bracket and the speaker.

Doug

EDIT: Just realized you said RB-3s, not RS-3s. Disregard my post -- sorry. There are no mounting holes in the RB's, as you know by now.

AnnC

Auditioning
Hi, Nathan. I've got my RB5 mains on B-Tech BT77s and they work very well. Unfortunately, they won't tilt down nearly as far as you would like, but they do tilt a little, swivel left and right, and for only $10 more than the BT-7 you wouldn't have any worries about the weight limit.

Here's the info Crutchfields has on them ($59.95 a pair):

With adjustable Ultragrip side grips, the heavy-duty BT77 brackets are perfect for surround speakers or other wall-mount speakers (no drilling or screwing into the speaker!).

Each metal bracket swivels left or right and tilts up or down 10 degrees. Accommodates speakers up to 13" deep and 20" tall; width is adjustable from 6-3/4" -11". Supports up to 55 lbs. when anchored to a wall stud.

Nathan A

Second Unit
thanks for the replies!

i called omnimount and they said they do swivel, but i visited a Tweeter store to take a look at the speakers and saw that they don't have any mounting holes in the back! (i called Klipsch yesterday and was told otherwise...) since i don't wanna drill holes in the speaker i guess these are a no-go (which is a relief- those things are expensive!)

So B-Tech it is...just might go with the BT77.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks