speaker blues

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Alan.M, Apr 21, 2006.

1. Alan.M

Alan.M Extra

First a little history found this place when started working on house remodeling and got the wife ok to add a nice 56" jvc-hdla tv and go with hd vip 622 dish then the oppo dvd player and yamaha htr 5990 all componets I would not have been aware had existed with out doing some research here and else where on the net all these componets iam very happy with BUT trying to find speakers in my budget is killing me.this room is 25x25 solid wood floor and 11' open beam ceiling kitchen/living room type.

Try Jamo first = to small of sound stage souded like the bookshelf speaker that they where would be great speaker for bedroom.

Then paradigm monitor 5 with cc370 center thought this would work so orderd them in rosewood 1 month latter speakers still not here get pissed off and thinking about canceling order with local shop.

More research order svs pb 12 ultra b stock (on a budget]sub is on the way.

Go to only other local source bring home demo klipsch rf25 and rb 25 and rc25 center now belive must have tower fronts much better than monitor's imho then find out that these are discontinued models not all bad but priced real close to new model and salesman lies and says they are current model this makes me realy mad.

speakers have to be the hardest part of setup just to many variables can someone help me out here.

1.Should I just get the klipsch and shut up and quit over researching everything and injoy what I have.

2. Frome the start I was realy going to order the axiom epic ? forget which package is in my price range which is 1,600 give or take a couple hundred.

please help,help if I have to recalibrate an other set of speakers iam going to buy some headphones.

2. Alan M

Alan M Second Unit

From the other Alan M.welcome to the forums [​IMG]

3. Alan.M

Alan.M Extra

Thank you alan, help me find speakers please,iam in over my head.

4. Alan.M

Alan.M Extra

Man 30 views no help am I asking this question wrong or no love for the newbie?

5. Alan Pummill

Alan Pummill Screenwriter

Since you are an Alan....buy maggies!!

6. Alan.M

Alan.M Extra

What's the odds three Alan's and we all spell Alan the right way very weird.Anyone have input on Axiom Q58 vip 150 m60 towers compared to Klipsch.

7. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Cinematographer

Sheesh. 3 Alan's in one thread? I'm going to another thread to post in. [​IMG]

8. Alan Pummill

Alan Pummill Screenwriter

Wayne, don't feel bad....my middle name is WAYNE!!

9. Alan M

Alan M Second Unit

1st off,Hi P [​IMG]
    Alan,
    There are many many speaker brands,and everyone has their own favorites.All three of the brands you mentioned have their followers.While Alan P and I both like Magnepans,they arent for everyone.

Do you like forward sounding speakers ? do you like a more mellow sounding speaker? Your best bet is to audition speakers and find the type of speakers you like.Once you've figured that out,do some research here and other places on the web to find speakers that suit your listening tastes.

Relax and enjoy the speaker shopping.Its a lot of fun and not to be rushed through.

10. Grant B

Grant B Producer

I always tell my friends to buy the speakers 1st and buy the electronics with what you have left. You can't remedy crappy speakers with electronics but you can visa versa.
    I like KEF speakers which are English and similiar to Missions and B & W in sound.
    I found by buying 5 of the same speakers and not the recommended center and it really made the sound.
    When you find it you will know and it sounds like you are still looking.
    Maggies are great too but those need good electronics and lottsa power
    Good luck!
    Grant

11. AlanZ

AlanZ Screenwriter

Did I hear someone say Alan?