What's new

Speaker Assistance (1 Viewer)

ChipD

Grip
I am looking to buy my first home entertainment system and am looking for some assistance. I am interested in buying a new set of speakers, and would like to keep the total price around $2000.

I want speakers that will sound good with music or movies. Any suggestions on brands or specific speaker sets? I am new to this and am not exactly sure where to start. Any info would be helpful.

Some sets I’ve read about:

Klipsch Reference Package (rf-3,rc-3,rs-3,ksw-12)
Definitive Tech BP2006LT Package
NHT Super Audio System
Paradigm System 3
Polk Audio RM7200 System

Thanks!

Nhan_H

Second Unit
Those are pretty nice speakers you mentioned. You might want to specify the following to help out with the recommendation:

1. Speakers you've listened to that you like.
2. Room size (volume: WxLxH) and configuration (closed on all 4 sides, opened on some, wood vs. carpet flooring)
3. Looks (colors, size, shape, etc.)
4. What receiver will you be using?
5. Where is your location?
6. Are you in an apartment or house.

Along with those, there are some internet-direct speakers that you might want to consider:

AV123 Rockets
Axiom
Ascend
RAD
Hometheaterdirect
SVS and Hsu and Adire for subs

ChipD

Grip
Here are the answers to some of the questions Nhan_H posted:

1. Speakers you've listened to that you like

I haven't listened to any speakers yet - I'm first trying to get an idea of possible options

2. Room size (volume: WxLxH) and configuration (closed on all 4 sides, opened on some, wood vs. carpet flooring)

Medium sized apartment living room (18x16x8). Carpet. 7 foot opening on one end.

3. Looks (colors, size, shape, etc.)

Not sure about looks yet.

4. What receiver will you be using?

Looking to buy a receiver too. Possibly Yamaha.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The NHT Super Audio series has been discontinued for years, replaced by the SB series, which are an improvement, IMO.

Forget Polk sub/sat systems. For the price, much better sound can be had.

I'll second Link Removed and Axiom, as well as the subs from those companies mentioned (though RAD could likely also help you out with a sub).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks