What's new

speaker arangement volume (1 Viewer)

PeterK

Supporting Actor
I baught a HTIB surround system which is 5 speakers, bass, and a receiver/dvd player. It is basically last years model of this HTIB. I already had 2 larger old speakers of my dads that I have arranged to be the front left and right speakers. I then took the 2 front speakers that came with the HTIB and put them right beside and wired them to the center speaker. What I am hoping someone will know is, will the volume be the same with the 2 additional speakers? does the speaker amplify the signal or is a set wattage sent out from the receiver and it doesn't matter how many speakers are attached to that particular channel. I don't know if it means anything but the speakers are all attached to the bass and then a large serial cable attaches the bass to the receiver. How much does it cost for a doodad that measure the decibels coming out of your speakers?
thanks

Brian Johnson

Supporting Actor
Since no one has replied I'll throw in some rookie advice....

You'd probably be better off just using the speakers that came with the system & wire them properly.
I take it by your post you just plugged the additional speakers into the center channel output? Could be bad.... could never have a problem... who knows?
Is this setup mainly for movies?
Hopefully others can suggest more options.
About the doodad you were asking about. Here's a good place to start.
Linky
A wise investment for anyone. (well a HT anyone :p) )

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.