What's new

speaker and seating layout (1 Viewer)

gjk5

Agent
Real Name
david
just a quick question, nailing down the HT build and since I am trying to keep the footprint to a relative minimum:

How much room do I need from back wall to rear seating and from side walls to closest seats? Wife is insisting I go with "lounger" type seats which eat up width. I have a 15'X22' room (current plan) and Paradigm speakers (Monitor 7's and CC370 for fronts, ADP 370's for side surround and Mini Monitors for rears).

Can I do a minimal "stand off" from back wall, a foot, maybe two and almost butt to side walls and still get good sound?

Was planning isle on either side with 30" of clearance but this plan will make me go 25-30" center isle. I could increase the width of the room but it will jack with my rec room plan.

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
Can I do a minimal "stand off" from back wall, a foot, maybe two and almost butt to side walls and still get good sound

It's not ideal, but if that's your room it's not a killer either. But since the surrounds are supposed to be a little bit behind you, I'd either skip the rears, or go with a 6.1 setup. The center-only rear might help to balance the surrounds a bit.

15' isn't small though, why are you so close to the wall? Are you setting seats 3 across?

gjk5

Agent
Real Name
david
15 wide by 22 deep, I am really trying to do at least 4 across but the wife switching gears on me from true theater seats is hosing me. I would like at least 8 seats plus a couple of kid's seats/bean bags etc in the front and room for them to play Kinect games and such.

I do have a lot of flexibility, it is really a 22x36 room that I am trying to squeeze a theater and a rec room for the kids out of, but the more I eat up of the rec room the less room for pool table, ping pong etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks