What's new

Speaker advice (1 Viewer)

watersport

Auditioning
Real Name
Boinay
I am a new member creating my first surround sound system. I am planning on a 5.1 system with in ceiling speakers. Any recommendations on speakers? Has anyone had experience with episode series 7 speakers which are being recommended by my installer?
thanks

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I've never heard of them, but they seem to get good reviews. It would be great if your installer could let you hear some first.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Not saying your particular installer has an ulterior motive but many do. I have also never heard of that manufacturer and, as @Wayne A. Pflughaupt suggests, you definitely want to hear speakers [preferably in your own environment] before committing to them. B & M stores generally give you at least 14 days to return speakers if you're not satisfied. Many online retailers offer free in-home trials with free or nominal return shipping costs. If the ones your installer recommends are purchased by them on your behalf then your return options may be limited or non-existent. At a minimum I would recommend getting the specific terms in writing before proceeding.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Also, it seems like installers always want to use in-ceiling speakers, which are simply an awful solution for home theater, as well as music. It's infinitely better to have the speakers in/on the walls than in the ceilings. The one exception is speakers for Atmos, which should definitely be in the ceiling.

You might be getting the impression that several of us here are leery of installers. There's a reason for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks